Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, The Humanity Funds may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
If you donate to The Humanity Funds we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the donation transaction. Credit Card information is used one time and is not stored.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to donate to one of our causes or when you send us an email. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information:
The Humanity Funds collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
The Humanity Funds may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from The Humanity Funds and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties:
The Humanity Funds does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
The Humanity Funds will not share your information with third parties without your prior consent except that The Humanity Funds may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Humanity Funds or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Humanity Funds; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Humanity Funds, or the public.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected or provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
The Humanity Funds does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, The Humanity Funds may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
The Humanity Funds welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that The Humanity Funds has not adhered to this Statement, please contact The Humanity Funds at:
The Humanity Funds
8011 Talbot Road
Edmonds, Washington 98026-5040
Effective as of January 01, 2023